Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

When I grow up!

All of us at some point or another have pondered the question what do I want to be when I grow up?  From that point on we begin to ask ourselves questions.  What do I enjoy doing?  Do people get paid for that?  How much do they get paid?  What type of school do I need to attend? We be begin to go full-speed developing dreams, goals, and aspirations.

I begin to think looking back in hindsight if I was to pondered that question today what questions would I have?  I would like to share them with you.  What would God have me to do?  How can I do it most effectively? Am I fulfilling God's purpose for my life? You see as we grow in Christ our perspective on life begins to change.

Notice the difference between the first two paragraphs. The first paragraph was all about self versus the second paragraph which was less about self and more about God.  The point is this as a person grows in their relationship with Christ life becomes less about what they want and more about what God wants.

When I grow up I want to be just like Jesus The Christ!

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 1 Corinthians 13:11

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis  

No comments:

Post a Comment