Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thank you!!

I just got a promotion! Thank you Lord! I just found and/or was found by that special someone!  Thank you Lord!  I woke up this morning clothed in my right mind! Thank you Lord!  I just won free tickets to the ball game! Thank you Lord!  My family is doing well! Thank you Lord!

My favorite aunt just died! Thank you Lord! The person I thought loved me has suddenly had a change of heart!  Thank you Lord!  I have been diagnosed with a illness! Thank you Lord!  I just lost $250 in the streets somewhere! Thank you Lord!  I have just been falsely accused for something I didn't do!  Thank you Lord!

The point is this it is easy to give thanks for the good that happens in our life, but how many of us give God thanks for the painful/bad things that occur in our lives?  Job was a wealthy man who lost everything that he had and his wife suggested he curse God and die!  He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" That's right we should be thankful in every situation.  I will leave you with the words of the apostle Paul, "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."  Thank you!

Scripture Reference Job 2:10, 1 Thess. 5:18

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

 

No comments:

Post a Comment