Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

What happen to gratitude?

Nothing good every happens to me!  Why can't I ever get ahead?  I have a house but it's just a shack. I have a job but it's just minimum wage.  I have a car but it's just a piece of junk. Unfortunately this kind of thinking dominates the minds of many individuals. The sad part is many of these individuals are supposedly Christians.

For those of you who think nothing good every happens to you.  Let me change your perspective every morning you wake up it's a good thing.  Every time that you are afforded the opportunity to eat it's a good thing.  Every time you travel from one destination to another it's a good thing.  How can you then say nothing good every happens to you?  We have become so entitled as a people that we can't appreciate the immense blessings that are sent our way. We take them for granted because we have become desensitized to God's providence.  Wow, I am starting to preach so I will stop here. So the next time you start to complain sit back and think about all the blessings you receive in your life.  For that matter, think about your blessing up to that moment you are about to complain. Then just say I thank you Lord I am grateful. I will leave with these words from 1 Thessalonians 5:18, "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

I will ask once again what happen to gratitude?

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment