Search This Blog

Monday, August 2, 2010

I just can't help myself

All of us have those sins in our lives that make us say I just cant help myself.  We often like to pacify ourselves by quoting the Apostle Paul in Romans 7:15, "For that which I do I allow not: for that I would, that I do not; that what I hate I do."  That sin we enjoy so much, but that we supposedly hate so much has hardened our hearts.  You see sin separates us from God the more we sin and pacify that sin the easier it becomes for us to commit that sin.  You feel in the blank for that sin in your life ________.  However, one of the functions of the Holy Spirit is to convict us of our sin and lead us in the ways of righteousness.  Unconfess sin hinders the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives. When we say I just can't help myself ; what we are really saying are things like this:  I lack discipline to control myself, and living a life pleasing to God is really not that important to me. Are those the type of things we really want to say to God?  I just cant help myself is a defeated mindset, but God has given you the power to overcome not only that sin ______ but all things that come against you. The next time you are tempted to say I just can't help myself listen to that small still voice that provides you a way out and walk away. 

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

  

No comments:

Post a Comment