Search This Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Despite Me!

I am so thankful that God blesses me despite me.  When you think about it even though we try our best to be obedient there are so many areas will fall short.  Then there is that deliberate sin we willfully commit. Then there are those things God places on our hearts to do yet we don't do them. Then there are the sins we commit unknowingly. Yet through it all God blesses us despite us!  Thank you Lord.

The crazy thing is if you listen to what people say about you they will have you thinking you all that and a bag of chips. However, we know the private sins in our life and how we fall short of the glory of God. What if all our dirty little secrets were exposed?  When you think about it all you can really say is thank you Lord for blessing me despite me.

You know the incredible part about God is that he is faithful to us even when we are not faithful to him. God's covenant with us is not based on our performance or our faithfulness!  Thank you Lord for loving me and blessing me despite me!

If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful because he cannot be untrue to himself.  2 Timothy 2:13

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment