Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

So Close Yet So Far

Aaron Hall formerly of the group, "Guy,"  had a smash hit in the 90's entitled, "I Miss You."  Aaron in this song is pouring out his heart to a woman.  I recently had one of the moments not with a woman but with God.  As a seminary student and a minister of Gospel I always find myself in the Word of God.  However just because you are in the Word of God doesn't mean you are in fellowship with God.  Often my purposes are to write an exegesis paper, write a bible study, or sermon.  It is easy to get so caught with attending to the needs of others that you forsake your own needs.  I had one of those light bulb moments and I said that is it Quintrell you are so close yet so far.  I said to myself, "God I Miss You."  I miss the conversations, I miss the way you make me feel,  I miss the guidance, but most of all I just miss you! 

I submit to you this morning that often times we find ourselves in similar situations to the one I just shared.  So close to getting to the next level in God yet so far because you are not willing to sacrifice your comforts for what you need.  So close to getting the healing you need yet so far because you won't forgive that individual.  So close to getting the financial breakthrough you need yet so far because you have not demonstrated you can be a good steward over what you have.

What are you so close yet so far from ________?  I shared with you what I had been dealing with.  I am happy to report that I am drawing nigh unto Him and according to His Word he will draw nigh unto me!

Scripture Reference: James 4:8

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment