Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Don’t get mad. Get GLAD.

This morning I thought I would use one of my favorite slogans.  Don't get mad. Get GLAD.  I remember as a young boy watching these commercials. However as I am now older I can see the deeper meaning in this simple slogan.  I believe it is what Paul was getting at in 1 Thessalonians 5:16 when he was giving his final instructions to the church.  He instructed them to rejoice always!  Paul was not saying be happy about terrible things that happen but he was saying Don't Get Mad. Get GLAD.  You ask what is there to Get GLAD about when terrible things are happening? The term rejoice has a deeper meaning it means to have a joyful acknowledgment.  Joyful acknowledgment is the recognition that trouble doesn't last always.  Joyful acknowledgment is the recognition that weeping may endure for a night but JOY comes in the morning. Rejoicing depends not on your circumstances but depends on a joyful acknowledgement of who is in control of your circumstances.

P.S. Grandma said, "Dogs get mad people get angry!"  Don't get mad. Get GLAD!

Scripture Reference: 1 Thess. 5:16

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment