Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

God Made Me

As I woke up this morning I could not get this song out of my Spirit, "God Made Me."  It goes on to say God made me who I am. Psalms 139:14 is the biblical affirmation of this claim the Psalmist declared,  "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made."  In a world that often makes us feel that we are inadequate.  Whether it is because we are not a size 4 or whether we have not obtain a certain financial and/or social status we can begin to feel inadequate.  Thusly, we begin to become DISCONTENT with God's creation because we don't look like the world says we should or have the things the world says we should have.  Then there are those little imperfections we have. Whether we may catch onto things a little slower than others, whether we have a speech impediment, or whether we have a heart murmur.  We begin to become DISCONTENT with our various imperfections and ultimately with God's creation.  I don't know the particular source of your DISCONTENTMENT but the question becomes if God made me who I am why am I discontent?  If I am fearfully and wonderfully made why am I DISCONTENT?

The simple answer is this our eyes are not God eyes when we can only see what we are are not, what we don't have, and/or our imperfections we are looking in the NATURAL.  I came by to encourage you this morning that God is a Spirit and in order for you to see yourself as God sees you one must move from NATURAL to the SPIRITUAL.  In order to embrace how God has made you one has to first understand how God sees you.  You see God sees you as the head and not the tail,  God sees you as above and not beneath, God sees you as the apple of His eye, God sees you as royal priesthood, God sees you a priceless jewel, and God sees you His child!  God has made you holy!  God has made you who are so EMBRACE who you are in HIM!  When you do you can say like the Psalmist I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. 

Scripture Reference: 139:14

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment