Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Because I'm Worth It

L'Oréal is an international cosmetics empire but they interestingly have a slogan that I feel speaks to the heart of Christians.  Their slogan is "Because I'm Worth It."  If a survey was taken amongst those who profess faith in Jesus Christ you would be appalled at the number of people who don't know their worth.  People who feel that they have nothing to offer or who feel that they are worthless.  You may be a lot of things according to the people of this world and maybe even according to yourself or your family but that's not how God sees you.  RIGHT NOW! I need you to change the way you think!  Ask yourself a few questions.   If I am worthless would Jesus have come down from his position in glory for me?  If I am worthless would Jesus have endured the pain, agony, suffering, and humiliation of the cross for me?  Ultimately if I am worthless would Jesus had commended His Spirit to the Father and die a criminal's/sinner's death for me? The question becomes why would Jesus the Christ do those things for me? Because I'm Worth It!

As the songwriter says sometimes you have to encourage yourself in the Lord!  How do you that?  By speaking the Word over your life!  What God's says about you not what you think about yourself or what people may think about you!  The Bible says I am a joint-heir wit Christ,  the Bible says I am royalty, and the Bible says I am chosen of God and dearly loved. You are valuable in God's sight and you have a valuable contribution to make to this world!  So just know that God chose you and saved BECAUSE YOU ARE WORTH IT.

Scripture Reference: Col. 3:12, 1 Peter 2:9, Gal.4:6-7

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment