Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Melo Drama aka Keeping Your Options Open

Even the most casual sports fan is aware of what was deemed "Melo Drama."  Carmelo Anthony now of the New York Knicks formerly of the Denver Nuggets could have chosen to opt out of the last year of his contract and become a free agent . Carmelo decided that he would keep his options open by refusing to sign a contract extension with the Nuggets.  Melo faced a lot of scrutiny because he decided to keep his options open.  You may have thought at this point what in the world does this have to do with me?  I don't even like sports so what does this have to do with me?  That's a fair question so here is what it has to do with you is God is asking you to sign a contract extension to put him first in your life and to serve him with your whole heart.  Many of us say to God what  Melo said to the Nuggets I am keeping my options open. The Nuggets offer remained on the table but Melo had dreams of going home and playing in New York City.  Likewise God offer to be your protector, instructor, and comforter is constantly on the table in our lives, but like Melo many of us have dreams and aspirations that take the center stage in our hearts. 

The question you have to ask yourself today is this is God wanting me fully commitment myself  to the edification of the kingdom? Is my response like Melo's I am keeping my options open?  God wants your all today!

Scripture Reference: Psalm 37:4-5

Note:  This is by no means a knock on Carmelo Anthony.

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment