Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

How to Become A Better Me?

Dr. Kerwin B. Lee is one of my favorite preachers.  I was reflecting this morning over a message that he preached this past November. He answered the question of how to become a better me in his sermon entitled, "Steps To Becoming A Better Person."  Anyone who has ever heard Pastor Lee before knows that he gives about a billion points per message here are few that blessed me:

  1. Challenges in your life can help you become a better person.  This is a true statement because as painful as they were when I look back over my life it was the challenges that taught me the most about myself.
  2. Christ in your life can help you become a better person.  This is a another true statement that I can witness to because if you had known me before Christ you would say it had to be a miracle.  Christ gives you the Holy Spirit which ultimately when you yield to it helps you become a better person.
  3. Christians in your life can help you become a better person. How many know you begin to form the habits of the people around you.  Thusly if you surround yourself around godly people you begin to pick up some of their habits and in turn it helps you become a better person.
  4. Changes in your life can help you become a better person. Change for most people can be a difficult.  We have just enter in to Lent season and it is an opportunity to implement changes in our life. Pas recommended we give up a sin and substance but ultimately it gives us the opportunity to become a better person by ridding ourselves of some of the habits we don't need.
No longer do you have to wonder how can I become a better person the steps have been laid out for you.  Much love to Dr. Kerwin Lee for that wonderful sermon that gave birth to this blog.

Scripture Reference  Acts 9:1-22

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment