Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Asking The Difficult Questions

Why is the world so corrupt?  Why is there so much murder in the world?  Why is the divorce rate so high?  These are your typical questions that are asked by both the secular world and the Church alike, but how often do we asked the difficult questions?  Why didn't you share your faith with the man on the corner?  Why don't you give up a couple hours a week to pour into the life of a young person that they may know the right way to go?

Change cannot occur until we begin to ask the right questions.  The world is not corrupt the people in the world are corrupt.  There is so much murder in the world because life is not valued. The value of the human life is like the value of a dollar not worth much at all.  The divorce rate is so high because the sanctity and sacredness of marriage is lost.  You notice the answer to these typical questions were painful, but what's even more painful is the answers to the difficult questions.

I will be the first to say that I am as guilty as the next person. To answer the question of why I don't take advantage of every opportunity to share Jesus I can only speak for myself.  My objective was to get you thinking along those lines.  For me I find myself getting so caught up with the things of life that I am not as alert and aware of these opportunities when they present themselves.  Yes, that was painful to admit but it has to start somewhere. 

A difficult question is posed in 2 Cor. 13:5-6 when the believers were encouraged to examine themselves to see if they were in the faith?  For some undoubtedly that was a difficult question!

Scripture Reference: 2 Cor. 13:5-6

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment