Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What Does Authentic Faith Look Like?

Have you ever examined your life and wondered do my actions line up with my beliefs? If not, I encourage you to do so.  Many believe that if you question your faith then you are somehow not pious or a devout Christian.  I suggest to you the contrary I believe if you never examine or question your faith you cannot grow in your faith.  You ask why is that? 

  1. Without an examination of your faith you cannot recognize the areas where your faith is lacking.
  2. Without question there can be no revelation.  In other words if you are not asking questions about your faith you cannot get answers or receive revelation from God.
In the words of my favorite preacher Dr. Maurice Watson who says and I paraphrase, "Authentic faith does not deny reality authentic faith says I trust God despite the reality."  Thusly, child of God whatever situation you are in whether it be financial, relational, spiritual, or emotional don't deny the reality of the situation.  Trust God despite what the situation looks like.  A few of the epistles that the Apostle Paul wrote where from prison he did not deny reality that he was confine to the dungeon, but he still had the faith that if it be God's will God would deliver him.  Here is the interesting thing though that made Paul's faith authentic the fact that if God's will was for him to stay there in prison that was okay with him to.  I'll quit now but I am reminded of the Hebrew boys in the book of Daniel.  They had what you would call authentic faith they did not deny the reality of the fiery furnace but they trusted God despite the reality.  I encourage you to do the same.

Scripture Reference: Hebrews 11:1

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment