Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Can't Stop Won't Stop

This morning I was thinking why are we so easy as Christians to throw in the towel? I took a look at my life and pondered the same question.  Then I begin to think what would of happen if Jesus had thrown in the towel. This cup is too much and the people are so disrespectful, ungrateful, and inconsistent.  My closest associates have deserted me.  I'll just throw in the towel! However, Jesus had a can't stop won't stop mentality because he was motivated by love!  Not the emotion/feeling but the choice!  The choice that says I can't stop won't stop because I love them that much!  Here are three things we learn from the life of Jesus the Christ.

  1. Christ recognized that the purpose for his life was bigger than himself. This can be a frightening thing for a believer to recognize!  Thusly, Christ made up his mind that I can't stop and won't stop.
  2. Christ desire was only to please his father. We as believer all claim to desire to please our father.  Thusly, Christ made up his mind that I can't stop and I won't stop. 
  3. Christ was motivated by love.  If our motivation is not love for God and love for others we will throw in the towel.  Thusly, Christ made up his mind that I can't stop and I won't stop.
Scripture Reference: Romans 5:8, Luke 22:41-43

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment