Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Are You Balanced?

First let me begin by stating that I am not in to numerology.  However, the number two is often refer to as the number of balance.  For example you have heaven and hell, night and day, light and darkness, grace and mercy, male and female etc.  Often times many believers are guilty of being improperly balanced. We are either too much of this and too little of that. We either spent too much time doing this and too little time doing that.  The truth is everytime we spend time doing one thing it is at the expense of doing something else. In economics this is called opportunity cost and it suggest that there is a cost to alternative choices that we make. Meaning every day we have many mutually exclusive choices that we make that has a cost. With all the demands that we have in this life how do we find a healthy balance?  How do I balance work, school, and a relationship with God? For some how do I balance raising children, work, school, and a relationship with God?  Perhaps this is one of life most challenging questions, I don't proclaim to have the answer!  I will share however the response Pastor E.Dewey Smith (Pastor of the Greater Travelers Rest Baptist Church) gave that bless my spirit and hopefully it will bless yours.  Dewey says, "I just focus on managing the imbalances of life."  

The truth is that the more we live the more demands or things compete for our time.  So take the advice of Pastor E. Dewey Smith and manage the imbalances of life.

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment