Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What About Me: The Least Favorite Fruit

Most people like peaches.  Most people like oranges.  Most people like apples.  However most people don't like tomatoes at least those for which I encounter. I know you thought that a tomato was a vegetable though it is used as a vegetable it is technically a fruit by definition. Kind of like how we are technically not good for anything but God uses us for his purposes.

What about spiritually?  Most people like joy because it makes them feel good.  Most people like peace because it makes them feel good. Most people like love because it makes them feel good.  However most people don't like self-control at least those for which I encounter.  I know you thought since Paul said in Romans that for the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want that you had biblical justification not to exhibit self-control.  Self-control requires us to refrain from things that we like to do and that is why I submit to you that it is the least favorite fruit.  

Here is the thing though the more we refrain from things we like to do though those things don't glorify the kingdom the closer we become to experiencing the kingdom of God.  So this new year let's eat more tomatoes and self-control!

Scripture Reference: Romans 7:19

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment