Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Laugh At My Pain: The Hidden Sickness In All Of Us

Kevin Hart recently came out with a hilarious stand-up comedy entitled, "Laugh At My Pain."  Admittedly I could not wait to see it and once viewing it I thoroughly enjoyed it, but the question becomes what does that say about me and others who enjoyed it?  Let's just look at the title, "Laugh At My Pain," what about that should be appealing to us?  I mean what is it about when someone falls and bumps their butt that is so hilarious to us?

I hear you saying Trell is it really that serious?  Maybe it is maybe it is not however whether you want to admit it or not it is not a Christ centered response.  What if Jesus had laughed at the man in the graveyard like area who was cutting himself and yelling uncontrollably no doubt that would be funny if portrayed on camera.  However how did Christ respond? With compassion, love, and understanding.

Truth be told we all take some pleasure in things such as people falling, and others struggles whatever the case maybe but we often don't take the time to do is ask the question of what does such a response say about us?

Only God can judge but we can bring things to one another's attention.  Live, Learn, and Grow.  Living Life in 3-D (doctrine, duty, and discipleship) I trust this not the kind of Christian you want to be.

Scripture Mark 5:1-9

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment