Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

911- Xhale Tribute

My senior year college roommate has recently came out with a single entitled, "911."  As we approach the "How To Love Conference & After Party,"  I thought it would befitting to talk about this song as a way to illustrate how to love.  In the song the young man is so dishearten because the woman he loves has decided to leave. As he reflects upon their relationships he thinks of all the good times and all of the bad times that they have shared.  The lyrics of the song go you better call 911 because I can't stop thinking about you there something about you it’s got me going crazy!  The young man is suicidal about this relationship!  The guy doesn't believe he can live without this girl and would rather die than live without her!  The truth is there is a large number of people who have felt/are feeling this way about an individual.

The problem with this is obvious when an individual reaches this point they have made this individual a god.  No one is more important than Jesus Christ! Nothing is more important than fulfilling your God ordained purpose!  What if we felt that way about Jesus Christ?  What if we couldn't live without Christ?  What would are lives look like?  Would we pray more (stay in constant communication with Jesus Christ),  would we read our bible more (spending time in devotion getting to know Jesus more intimately) or would we do good works (showing the love of Christ through acts of compassion and humility)? 

True love starts vertically (unto God) and spreads horizontally (unto God's images).  Psalm 51 is an illustration of a true 911 situation when David pleads with God and says do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.  I know don't about you but the only 911 situation in the life of the believer is if God takes his hand off you!  I don't know about you but I have a Lamar Campbell testimony, I love you Jesus just want to tell you that I love you more than anything!

Scripture Reference: Psalm 51:11

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment