Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places!

We all know the adage "looking for love in all the wrong places," and we all have fell victim to it at some time or another.  Whether it be from an unwilling parent, an unconcerned sibling, or a disinterested love interest we all know what's like to love someone who doesn't love us back. Then you went to church thinking surely I will find love there because God is love and these are God's people.  Only to experience church hurt and then you begin to ask the question that the Black Eye Peas asked, "Where Is Love?"

This morning I simply want to encourage you to set your affection on things above and you will find the LOVE that you so long for.  God is love and He demonstrated His love for us in this that while we were yet sinners He died for us.  For there is no greater love than this that a man lay down his life for a friend.  No longer do I call you servants for a servant does not know what his master wants but everything my Father has taught me I have taught you.  Therefore no longer do I call you servant but friend.  If you love me keep my commandments. Sorry almost got happy again!

Let me not leave you without telling you where to find love.  The Good Book says draw close unto God and God will come close to you.  Grandma said, "If you take one step God will take two."

Scripture Reference:  James 4:8

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment