Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Obey Your Thirst

I am on a mission to literally take every possible thing that this world has to offer and use it for the glory of God.  With that being said you may have heard the popular slogan "Obey Your Thirst." This slogan has been made famous by Sprite.  Little did they know that they were speaking to generations of believers.  Every time you drink a can or bottle of  Sprite you are obeying their command.  Though the Bible doesn't use this exact terminology it is implied in the biblical text. John 7:37 says on the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.  This is Jesus exhortation to you to obey your thirst.  Let me just say I am not anti-Sprite I am just pro Jesus.  I do pray the next time you drink a can of Sprite it will be accompanied with time spent in the Word of God.  The question becomes whose command are you going to obey?! 

Scripture Reference: John 7:37

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment