Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Choosing God Over Family.

If you are like me you have been taught to side with family whether they are wrong or right.  Even though this is good family kinship it is not always right in the sight of God. 1 Samuel 20 lays down for us a time where Jonathan has to make a choice to side with family or do what was right in the eye sight of God.  He serves as a model for you and I that God requires us to do what's right even if it means breaking the family code.   Saul desired to kill David however David had done nothing worthy of being killed and Jonathan did what was right in the sight of God by helping David escape the wrath of Saul.   This reveals for you and I that even though it may be painful and difficult we may be put in situations where we are force to choose God over family.


I want to leave you with some words of comfort from Jesus himself where he gives us insight to who he considered his family to be.  When told that his mother and brothers wanted him Jesus asked who is my mother and my brothers?  Then Jesus answers whosever does the will of my Father who is in heaven is my brother, sister, and mother.

Scripture Reference: 1 Samuel 20

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment