Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lord, I Thank You For My Haters

When was the last time you stop and gave God thanks for your haters?  It has probably been a second huh?  The Bible teaches us in 1 Peter chapter 4 beginning in about the 12th verse the proper attitude we are to have towards our haters.  In fact, the Bible suggests that we are not to be surprised that we have haters but that we should expect to have them.  Think about it any time you are doing something to the glory of God then the enemy by his nature is designed to hate on it.

The trick for you and I is to ensure that we are being hated for Christ name sake.  Could it be that you can't thank God for your haters because you give them a legitimate reason to hate you?  The writer of 1 Peter makes it very clear that you will have haters in this life.

What I like about the writer of 1 Peter is that he lets us know the benefit of these haters.   Peter lets us know that the haters are confirmation that the presence of God is being manifested in your life!!  Stop!  "Praise Break."  We can thank God for the confirmation that our haters bring!!

Lord, I thank you for my haters and for the witness they give to me about the sanctification process at work within in me.  In Jesus Name I pray.  Amen.

Scripture Reference: 1 Peter 4

God Bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment