Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

God's Got Your Back When You Give Him Your Heart

Debra Roberts stated, "God's got your back when you give him your heart."  This is the lesson we learn repeatedly throughout the biblical text.  I believe David would agree the man for which the Bible declares was a man after God's own heart.  Do you remember when Saul seeked his life and he was on the run in the wilderness and God placed his arms of protection around him?  I am sure he will tell you that God's got your back when you give him your heart. 

Then there is the narrative of Joshua who God tells to meditate on the Law of Moses day and night in other words give me your heart and I will be with you like I was with Moses in other words I will have your back.  Joshua went on to lead the children of Israel into the Promise Land and I am sure he would agree that God's got your back when you give him your heart. 

So the question becomes what are you afraid?  What is God calling you to that you have not acted upon?  What are you waiting on?  Remember God's got your back when you give him your heart. 

Scripture Reference: Psalms 27:1

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment