Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

A Hungry Man Is An Angry Man

As I was contemplating why people are so angry I came across this famous proverb and it became crystal clear to me. Hungry people are cranky!  Trust me I know I have firsthand experience and that's all I am at liberty to say if you know what I mean.  Honestly I discovered when I am hungry I tend to get agitated very easily.  I know you may be wondering what is this guy talking about?

Hunger is defined as the innate desire that every individual has to be in fellowship with God.  I have found when I don't spend time with God I am often not very pleasant to be around. When I am well-fed it is very difficult for me to become angry I am kinda like the individual James said everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger. Perhaps if we would take our cue from Jesus when he asked Peter if he loved him and Peter responded yes you know I love you.  Jesus response was FEED MY SHEEP.  The Word of God is a great way to fellowship with God because one of the ways God speaks is through His Word.

So the next time you find yourself getting angry feed your spiritual person with Word of God.  O taste and see that the Lord is good.

Scripture Reference: James 1:19

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment