Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Listening vs. Hearing

There is a fundamental difference between listening and hearing.  Nowhere is this distinction more prominent than as it relates to the Word of God.  Think about it most individuals have gone to church countless times yet they still lack faith. What's interesting is that you use your ears to do both whether it be listening or hearing.  The reason that many of us struggle with our faith because the enemy doesn't care how much we listen to the Word as long as we don't hear the Word.  You see faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.  You see hearing implies that one responds to what they hear.  This response is more than just listening to what was said but actually implementing what was said into practical application in your daily life.  What interesting is sometimes overlooked is the tense that hearing is found in.  The tense suggest that it is a continuous thing not a one time thing.  The tense suggest that the more you hear (respond) to the Word of God the more your faith grows.

Early this morning I downloaded an application that I am praying will help me to grow in my faith. The opportunity will be there it will be up to me to respond.  It is the GoBible application as I sleep I will be hearing the Word of God and the plan is to respond  to the Word the next day in practical implication in my daily life.  Would you take that challenge with me?  Let's saturate our minds with the Word of God that we can answer the call to be doers of the word.

Scripture Reference: Romans 10:17

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment