Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

God's Mission Series: It's Not About You

I have been struggling with a burden on my heart for a while now.  Its seems that the body of Christ has lost its sense of direction so to speak.  Many believe that Jesus Christ died just for them and to some degree that is true.  However God's mission is not about you.  You just happened to be a part of the plan.  In this series I will seek to convey to you what I sense God's mission is in consultation with prayer, the biblical narrative, and others who have commented on the subject.

So let's begin with the Garden of Eden.  The story is well worn so I won't go through it here but here are some reflections through the lens of God's mission.

1.      God desires relationship and fellowship with man. This existed before the fall of Adam and Eve. Notice God created Adam in other words he reached out to him.
2.      God cares about all of creation as God gave Adam instructions on how to govern over creation.
3.      God has been in the process of redeeming all of creation back to God's self since the fall of Adam and Eve.
I'll stop there for now as I don't want to bombard you.  We have seen however that God is already at work in the world and we are called to participate in that work. Not the other way around.  We don't come up with an agenda and ask God to participate in it we ask God how we can participate in God's agenda in our context.  So ask yourself what is God doing in my context and how can I be apart?  Then and only then can you be in true relationship with God.   Amos asked how can to walk together unless they are agreed?

Scripture Reference: Genesis 2 & 3

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment