Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Quit Playing Games With My Heart

Okay I admit every now and then I will YouTube some old Backstreet Boys.  Don't act like you didn't like them too!  Anyway one of my favorite songs was,” Quit Playing Games With My Heart."  In this song the guy appeals to the girl to quit playing games with his heart.  Either you want to take a chance at love or you don't but however you feel don't play games with my heart.

I begin to think about that in the context of our relationship with God.  What if God feels like the songwriter?  What if God said, "I want to be in relationship and fellowship with you but if you aren't serious about it don't play games with my heart.  You may be thinking how does one play games with God's heart? 

  • When you make a vow but have no real intentions of keeping you are playing games with God's heart.
  • When you know what's right but you continually choose to do wrong you are playing games with God's heart.
God desires to be in fellowship with each of us but sin separates of from God. Either you want to be in fellowship with God or you don't.  Remember fellowship comes at cost.  What's the cost?  An obedient life!!

Scripture Reference:  Isaiah 59:2

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment