Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Ashame!

Have you ever done something that you are ashamed of?  The obvious answer to this question is yes!  How do you respond in those times?  Does that feeling of shame cause you to consider your actions or in other words lead to a period of contemplation?   How often does our quote on quote worst moments become teachable moments?  How sincere is your relationship with God?  I acknowledge that there are a wide array thoughts that crosses one's mind:

  • Does God still love me?  The answer is YES!
  • I don't feel worthy to go into his presence?  You never were or are worthy to go into his presence only because of the blood of Jesus you are granted access to the father! So always take the opportunity to repent. The enemy always once you to keep unconfessed sin in your life that you may be more susceptible to his wiles.
  • If I was real a Christian who is growing in my relationship with God would I have done this?  The answer is Yes you are fallible meaning you are subject to sin due your inherent sin nature.  However, as you grow you tend to sin less and become aware of the need for repentance.
Ultimately, what I am getting at is that as Christians we should hate sin because we recognize sin separates us from God.  If we are to honor God with our lives and sin is dishonorable in the sight of God we must stay in a continuous state of repentance. Why wait another moment?  As matter fact, I need to repent right now!

Gracious God, I thank you for your tender mercies and your abundance of grace that you have allotted me.  Most of all I thank you for being God.  So awesome, so wise, so loving, so understanding, and so faithful.  I come now acknowledging my need for repentance for I have sin both knowingly and unknowingly.  Please take this desire away from me and I turn away from _______ to honor you with my life. In Jesus the Christ name I offer this prayer. Amen.

Scripture Reference: Psalms 51:7

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

1 comment:

  1. Repentance leads to reconciiation. To be reconciled with God is a wonderful thing. Just to know that God has given us GRACE to allow us to repent and be reconciled gives me so much joy!!

    ReplyDelete