Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Don't Change

I will love you when your hair turns gray, and I will still love you if you gain a little weight.  This is the claim that Musiq Soul-Child  makes in is his hit single "Don't Change."  However love does change.  It either evolves or it diminishes.  The same is true for our relationship with God.  We either grow in love for God or distractions take our focus off God and our love begins to diminish.

The good news is that God's love for us doesn't change.  Why?  Because it is not conditional on what we do.  The Bible teaches that while we were yet sinners he loved us and he died for us.  Yahweh told the children of Israel through his prophet Malachi that I am the Lord and I change not!

Therefore, my brothers and sisters rest assured that God's love for you has never and will never change.  God is love it is God's very nature!

Scripture Reference: Malachi 3:6

God bless,
Bondservant Hollis

No comments:

Post a Comment